According to the National Healthcare Quality Report, birth injuries are rare, but possibly more common than you may think. In the United States, out of 28,000 births per year, 2,333 per month, 538 per week, 76 per day, 3 per hour result in a birth injury.* It is a medical professionals duty to provide adequate care for you while you are pregnant, in labor, in the delivery room and after your baby is born. If they fail to do this, you or your baby may sustain an injury which may effect the outcome of the pregnancy. If your healthcare provider is at fault, they may be held liable for damages to you and your child.
Has your medical practitioner failed to do any of the following during your pregnancy resulting in a birth injury?
1) Your condition changed during the pregnancy or while giving birth and the medical practitioner failed to interpret the signs or appropriately react to and act upon these changes.
2) The medical practitioner failed to order the correct tests or interpret the tests accurately during your pregnancy.
3) The fetus was in distress and the medical practitioner failed to perform a cesarean section.
4) The medical practitioner failed to deliver the baby within 24 hours after the membrane’s rupture.
5) Was the baby born large, premature, after difficult/prolonged labor, breech delivered or subject to cephalopelvic disproportion- unable to give birth vaginally- and there was a failure to handle these issues correctly, resulting in injury?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these scenarios, you may have a case. Medical malpractice or negligence may be the cause of your birth injury.
How can Michael D. Weinreb help?
Michael D. Weinreb will help you determine whether or not you have a case and help to clear away the emotional stress and strain that occurs as a result of being the victim of a birth injury. When you hire Michael D. Weinreb, you know that he will aggressively defend your legal rights and provide the hands-on service you deserve. A birth injury can effect your life and the life of your child for many years to come. Let Michael D. Weinreb help by calling him for a free evaluation of your case.
*National Healthcare Quality Report, AHRQ, DHHS, 2003